Public Policy Issues and Information
A Voice for Independent Higher Education in South Carolina
SCICU provides a voice for independent higher education in South Carolina at the State House, in Congress, and before agencies, boards, and commissions. Working through the Public Policy Committee and Board of Trustees, SCICU promotes sound fiscal and public policy on matters of critical importance to its member colleges and universities.
Relevant matters include general and special appropriations for student grants and scholarships, legislation related to higher education, postsecondary students, and non-profit organizations, and education-related public policy issues before agencies, boards, and commissions.
2017 Legislative Priorities and Strategic Plan
- SCICU Legislative Strategic Plan 2017
- SCICU Legislative Priorities and Quick Facts 2017
- 2017 Legislative Priorities vs. Results
122nd General Assembly of South Carolina, First Session: January 10 – May 11, 2017
- State Budget Almost Final, Scholarships and Grants Receive Small Increase
- 2017 SC Bills of Interest – Updated as of 06-19-2017 (Click link to access/download the most recent information on SC bills being tracked by SCICU.)