Dr. Todd Voss
Central, SC with locations statewide
For more than 100 years, Southern Wesleyan University has been preparing students for successful careers and successful lives. As a Christian institution of higher learning, the university seeks to develop the full potential of each student by providing quality academic programs, a contemporary learning environment, and a caring faculty and staff.
Located in Central, S.C., students enrolled at our main campus have the opportunity to select from more than 40 degree programs and enjoy activities including 17 intercollegiate athletic teams, music and theatre productions, and more than 20 clubs and organizations – all within the context of a Christian university. The university is consistently recognized for excellence by the Princeton Review and U.S. News & World Report.
As a pioneer in education programs designed for busy, working adults, Southern Wesleyan University also operates regional learning centers throughout the state with classes available in Columbia, Charleston, Greenville, Greenwood, North Augusta and Spartanburg. Learning centers are conveniently located near major interstates and classes meet just one night per week.
Southern Wesleyan University offers a wide range of academic degree programs in the fields of religion, education, music, business, science and a variety of civic and social service professions. Undergraduate degree programs include:
Computer Science, Applied
Forensic Computer Science
History Human Services
Management of Information Technology
Recreation and Leisure Services Administration
The university also offers the following graduate degree programs through the Adult and Graduate Studies program:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Education in Classroom Leadership (M.Ed.)
- Master of Education in Administration and Supervision (MEDAS)
- Master of Science in Management
- Master of Ministry
The university offers the following degree programs fully online:
General Studies (Associate of Arts in General Studies)
Business (Business Administration (BS) )
Concentrations available in:
- Human Resource Management
- Supply Chain Management
Master of Education in Classroom Leadership
Content Area Electives available in:
- Learning Disabilities
- Gifted and Talented
- Early Childhood Special Education
The main campus in Central, S.C., is located on 350 acres and includes residential dormitories, apartments, dining facilities and wireless internet access.
Student-Faculty Ratio 14:1
Average Class Size = 17
“America’s Best Colleges 2010,” U.S. News & World Report.
“A Best Southeastern College,” The Princeton Review.
- Southern Wesleyan University is accredited by:
- Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
- Department of Teacher Quality, State of South Carolina
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
- National Christian College Athletic Association (NCCAA)
- National 2013 NCCAA Champions
- Men’s Soccer
- National 2007 NCCAA Champions
- Women’s Basketball
- Men’s Baseball
- 2008-2009 NCCAA National Finalists
- Women’s Soccer
- Women’s Volleyball
- National 2013 NCCAA Champions
Southern Wesleyan University athletics is currently in the membership process to join the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division II and began competition in Conference Carolinas in 2014-15.