Message from SCICU President and CEO Jeff Perez –
Not Another Year In Review!
Now that it’s December, you’ll be reading the inevitable “year in review” articles.
I can’t help but join the annual look in the rearview mirror. I like what I see.
Of course, all our lives have been turned upside down by the pandemic, but let’s allow ourselves to focus on the positive.
Here are SCICU’s five highlights from the last year.
- SCICU member colleges and universities had no major COVID-19 outbreaks. Campus presidents, their leadership teams, faculty, staff and students all took the necessary precautions appropriate to their particular institutions, and the results have been worthy of our admiration.
- Support for independent higher education remained strong. The governor and General Assembly approved a $10 million increase for the Tuition Grants Program, the largest one-year increase in its history. Additionally, Congress provided millions in aid to campuses and their students.
- Bob Jones University joined SCICU. I am very proud to observe that all eligible institutions are members of SCICU. We are stronger together.
- SCICU surpassed its fundraising goal. Thanks to the generosity of our donors and organizations, SCICU met, and exceeded, its fundraising target for the year. Every cent of the more than half a million dollars raised from donations and grants goes to our member institutions to support their students.
- SCICU continued to be a strong asset for its member institutions. Thanks to the hard work of its staff SCICU remained fiscally solid and provided all the benefits and services its member colleges and universities have come to expect.
I hope you all have the opportunity to enjoy time with family and friends during this holiday season.
Thank you for your support of SCICU and I look forward to us all enjoying a happy, and healthy, 2022.