If you need help now —
What are the symptoms of COVID-19 infection? The CDC reports that symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. – Centers for Disease Control resources.
Are you sick and think you might have the symptoms of COVID-19? FREE 24/7 virtual COVID-19 screenings are available to everyone in South Carolina. Log in to Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC)’s virtual care provider network and use code COVID19.
SCDHEC curates a list of COVID-19 screening and testing sites, including mobile testing clinics and telehealth virtual care providers. — This list is continuously updated by DHEC, and testing sites may be viewed for individual counties in South Carolina.
What if you feel sick? – The Centers for Disease Control and SCDHEC provide guidance if you feel sick. The CDC also offers an interactive and mobile-friendly coronavirus self-checker that can be completed online.
Do you have questions regarding COVID-19? SC Department of Health and Environmental Control (SCDHEC) can help. Call the SCDHEC Care Line 1-855-472-3432. Available 7 days a week, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
South Carolina advisories, updates, and resources for COVID-19
- Updated daily — SC DHEC announces COVID-19 updates each afternoon, including statistics on new cases by county and testing counts.
- September 10 – DHEC and partners to develop state COVID-19 vaccination plan using federal guidance.
- September 10 – Governor McMaster’s latest media briefing regarding COVID-19.
- September 9 – Governor McMaster issues Executive Order 2020-59, extending the State of Emergency for another 15 days.
- August 12 (Latest COVID-19 update) – DHEC’s Dr. Linda Bell: “Data shows that wearing face masks works.”
- August 11 update – DHEC Unveils New County-Level COVID-19 Online Resource.
- August 10 – Governor McMaster issues Executive Order 2020-59, extending the State of Emergency for another 15 days.
- August 10 – DHEC Encourages South Carolinians to Respond to Legitimate COVID-19 Contact Tracers, Stay Vigilant Against Scams.
- July 29 – Governor McMaster’s latest media briefing/update on Coronavirus (COVID-19) is available on SC ETV’s YouTube channel.
- June 9 – S.C. public health officials issue joint statement on the need to continue to practice social distancing and proper use of face masks to save lives in South Carolina.
- Download accelerateSC’s final report and recommendations here
- A video archive of accelerateSC’s meetings is available through SC ETV.
- The South Carolina Emergency Management Division presents comprehensive resources related to weather emergencies, including the related impact on public health.. Click here to sign up for SCEMD Code Red Alerts.
- SCDHEC, SCEMD Incorporate COVID-19 Safety Measures into Hurricane Season Preparedness.
- SCDHEC Situational Summary – COVID-19
- Updated Monitoring and Testing Data — comprehensive dashboard of statistics for virus prevalence by county throughout South Carolina, regularly updated by SCDHEC
- Register to receive COVID-19 email updates from SCDHEC
- SCDHEC COVID-19 FAQ
- South Carolina media coverage on COVID-19 — The State newspaper, The Post and Courier newspaper, The Greenville News, SC ETV
College/University-specific information regarding COVID-19
- Updated September 9 – SCDHEC Higher Education Guidance on Novel Coronavirus or COVID-19 – (PDF)
- Updated July 10 – SCDHEC Higher Education Guidance on Novel Coronavirus or COVID-19 – (PDF)
- SCDHEC Mass Gatherings Guidance on Novel Coronavirus or COVID-19 – (PDF)
- Updated by CDC July 31 — CDC Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Considerations for Colleges & Universities
- American College Health Association (ACHA) – Updates through September 10 regarding COVID-19
- National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO) – Coronavirus resources for colleges – Updated through July 1
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities (NAICU) – COVID-19 Resources
Centers for Disease Control COVID-19 Resources
- Register with CDC to receive email or text updates about COVID-19
- What you should know about COVID-19
COVID-19 forecasts and modeling
- Updated September 4 – CDC COVIDView – A weekly surveillance and COVID-19 forecasts
- Updated September 7 – CDC COVID-19 forecasts
- Updated September 7 – CDC COVID-19 national and state forecasts
- Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington — COVID-19 projections for national and individual states, IMHE COVID-19 projections specific to South Carolina
- Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center
- World Health Organization (WHO) Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Dashboard