Honoring the SCICU Student of the Year and electing new officers and trustees highlighted the 2017 Fall Board of Trustees meeting on September 26 at Furman University.
The Council of College and University Presidents started the day-long event with a breakfast meeting hosted by Furman University President Dr. Elizabeth Davis at White Oaks, the official residence of the Furman University president.
At the Board of Trustees meeting that followed, the Board elected new officers and trustees, recognized retiring trustees, and approved the FY 2017-18 budget. Committee chairs presented updates in the key areas of finance, development, and advocacy.
The annual Awards Luncheon followed the business meeting. Pamela Rutledge of Morris College was honored as the SCICU Student of the Year. Dr. Walt Griffin, President of Limestone College, was also honored and recognized for 25 years of leadership upon his December 2017 retirement. A panel discussion on educating non-traditional students led by Dr. Walt Griffin and Columbia College President Dr. Carol Moore rounded out the day’s events.
Please read the following articles to learn more about SCICU’s Student of the Year, new officers and trustees, as well as those trustees recognized for their service and the many sponsors who support the work of SCICU:
- Morris College Senior Named SCICU Student of the Year
- Dr. Walt Grifin Recognized for Significant Achievements at Limestone College
- Reynolds Honored for Service as SCICU Board Chair
- SCICU Announces New Board Chair and Elects Eleven New Trustees
- SCICU Recognizes Furman University, Bon Appetit, and Luncheon Sponsors for Meeting Support