COLUMBIA, S.C. — SCICU faculty and guests returned in-person to the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center for the Excellence In Teaching reception and awards dinner on April 5.
Twenty-one faculty leaders – one per SCICU member institution – were celebrated at the April 5 event. More than 150 guests, including college/university presidents, gathered to honor faculty members nominated by their respective institutions for the Excellence In Teaching award. Each recipient was presented a framed award certificate and a $3,000 professional development grant.
“At SCICU we’re honored to have the chance to recognize our campuses’ deep commitment to their students, embodied by these fine educators,” said Jeff Perez, SCICU president and CEO. “Faculty members don’t often have the chance to be honored in the presence of families and friends. We’re delighted to provide that opportunity.”
Award recipients represented a wide range of academic disciplines – from art history and biology to political science and religion. SCICU is proud to recognize the 2022 Excellence In Teaching award winners:
- Allen University – Dr. Daniel T. Hembree
- Anderson University – Dr. Joni M. Criswell
- Benedict College – Dr. Adrien M. Ratsimbaharison
- Bob Jones University – Dr. William P. Lovegrove
- Charleston Southern University – Dr. Carissa Turner Smith
- Claflin University – Dr. Mitali P. Wong
- Coker University – Dr. Meredith Sims
- Columbia College – Dr. Marla S. Sanders
- Columbia International University – Dr. Karen Grant
- Converse University – Dr. Reed Martin Chewning
- Erskine College – Dr. John Harris
- Furman University – Dr. Mary Elizabeth Anderson
- Limestone University – Dr. Virginia Rackley Scates
- Morris College – Ms. Terri L. Kenely
- Newberry College – Ms. Aslynn C. Halvorson
- North Greenville University – Dr. Christina Eddy
- Presbyterian College – Dr. Laura J. Crary
- Southern Wesleyan University – Dr. Jeffrey Mohr
- Spartanburg Methodist College – Dr. Adam Siegfried
- Voorhees College – Dr. Anastasiya Yakunina
- Wofford College – Dr. Lori Cruze
The 2022 Excellence In Teaching Dinner Awards program details the achievements of the 21 award winners and the sponsors who make the celebration possible.
Presentation photos from the awards dinner are available for viewing here.
SCICU is grateful for the generous financial support of the 2022 Excellence In Teaching Program sponsors:
- ABM Building Solutions, LLC
- Allegiance Industries
- Aramark Higher Education
- Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd, P.A.
- S.C. Student Loan Corporation
- TD Bank
- Total Comfort Solutions
- Varsity Health